Recommendations

Hello! Shalom! Aloha! Mabuhay!

If this is your first visit to Modern Apocrypha, I have only two recommendations for continuing on with minimal confusion:


1) Please begin with the first introductory post (found HERE) and work your way forward. Almost all the posts on this blog flow chronologically and will make more sense with the background and context of previous ones. Jumping in anywhere might be disorienting.

2) Please read along in the texts posted off to the right. I try not to summarize too much in the commentary and discussion, and being at least somewhat familiar with what we're discussing or I'm commenting on will be most beneficial and edifying for all involved. Plus, going along with the theme of this blog, any hidden truths to be brought to light will be found within the text itself and not necessarily within my ramblings.

Okay, fine, three recommendations:

3) Please read with an open heart, mind, and spirit. See what truths you can find in these works--ones which speak to you. Namaste : )

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

FINAL INTRODUCTORY THOUGHTS

I've uploaded the entire text of the Aklatan in its currently available form. Each book is linked over on the sidebar to the right. There were some formatting issues in copying it over, and the font size is a little smaller than I'd like. So, I'll be trying to tweak it little by little as we go along, or you can copy and paste it into your preferred word processor and change it yourself ; ) Also, I've kept the chapters and breaks within chapters as they stand in the published Aklatan. As such, most chapters are simply one long paragraph, making it more difficult to read, but I felt it necessary to preserve the textual integrity. The same can also be said for the grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. I have only changed a few things here and there where there were obvious typos. Most sentences are short thoughts, lengthy phrases, or sentence fragments.

As we go through these books and writings, read ahead and get familiar with the text, since I'll simply be referring to passages, lines, or even just words throughout the commentary and working from there. I would also appreciate any comments or other insights you have that I might've overlooked. This blog isn't designed as a series of lectures, but rather, hopefully, through a discussion-oriented and modified dialectical approach we can incorporate and synthesize our unique perspectives on these subjects and move toward a unified understanding of things (in theory ; ).

No comments:

Post a Comment