Recommendations

Hello! Shalom! Aloha! Mabuhay!

If this is your first visit to Modern Apocrypha, I have only two recommendations for continuing on with minimal confusion:


1) Please begin with the first introductory post (found HERE) and work your way forward. Almost all the posts on this blog flow chronologically and will make more sense with the background and context of previous ones. Jumping in anywhere might be disorienting.

2) Please read along in the texts posted off to the right. I try not to summarize too much in the commentary and discussion, and being at least somewhat familiar with what we're discussing or I'm commenting on will be most beneficial and edifying for all involved. Plus, going along with the theme of this blog, any hidden truths to be brought to light will be found within the text itself and not necessarily within my ramblings.

Okay, fine, three recommendations:

3) Please read with an open heart, mind, and spirit. See what truths you can find in these works--ones which speak to you. Namaste : )

Monday, May 26, 2014

THE WAIT IS OVER ; )


Hello, everyone. Thanks for being patient during the brief hiatus. (It's been almost a month.) My excuse is that I was giving everyone time to finish their Aklatan reading assignment ; ) Actually, the real reason is that I acquired an updated version of  the text and have spent the past few weeks reading through the newly available material and transcribing it for the blog. (I also have been studying up on my history of the Philippines to get some context for these documents.) The Book of Ahkman is now complete, and the Gospel Written by Angulu is now available. Both are posted to the right in the sidebar. There's some pretty cool stuff contained in each, but we'll get there when we get there. Also, I think I forgot to mention it, but the posted books of the Aklatan are laid out in chronological order. You don't have to read them in order to catch the full spirit of the record, but it does make more sense that way. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment